Friday, February 2, 2007

Somewhere over the rainbow...

Yesterday I was relaxing on the couch, enjoying the peace and quiet of my daughters playing quietly together downstairs in their room. A fleeting thought prompted me to check on these sweet little angles...just to witness the magic of the moment. I quietly peeked into their bedroom only to find every wall decorated with sidewalk chalk rainbows. Leah and Naomi were frantically scrubbing at their mural with baby wipes and toothbrushes. You wouldn't think that sidewalk chalk would be too hard to clean up, and on it's own it probably isn't. But I'm lead to believe that there is some magical reaction between between the two that turns chalk into a permanant solution. (The walls are also very textured, so that added another "dimention" of difficulty to the whole project). So after two hours of scrubbing I finally accepted the reality that we are just going to have to paint the whole room. At least they didn't burn down the house.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Oh my....you have such patience. Maybe though, it was worth it for the few minutes of quiet peace? Eh?